- Please note that this course has the following prerequisites which must be completed before it can be accessed
- Time Management for Professional Productivity
- Investment Management Specialization
Projects are all around us. Virtually every organization runs projects, either formally or informally. We are engaged in projects at home and at work. Across settings, planning principles and execution methodologies can offer ways in which projects can be run more effectively and efficiently.
Project management provides organizations (and individuals) with the language and the frameworks for scoping projects, sequencing activities, utilizing resources, and minimizing risks. This is an introductory course on the key concepts of planning and executing projects.
We will identify factors that lead to project success, and learn how to plan, analyze, and manage projects. Learners will be exposed to state-of-the-art methodologies and to considering the challenges of various types of projects.
- You should already be somewhat familiar with fundamental business practices and be interested in learning to achieve more by working with and through other people
- New managers looking to transition successfully from a production to a management role
- Existing managers looking to get more engagement and innovation from their teams and organizations
- Entrepreneurs who need to use "soft power" to motivate people to achieve exceptional outcomes with limited resources